One paragraph post about blogging in Blogger
Labels:
rant
Give me a chance to rant. Especially now that I realized what's supposed to be the difference between my Blogger journal and Multiply blog since the day I created them. They're both turning three, this one next month and the latter around 3 months from now. Actually, there should not be a category of the posts I am writing, after all, I don't have a specific audience for this blog (if ever there still are or even if I do have any at all) and the other one. I can post whatever I like here or there (wherever I feel like posting) but the thing is the Multiply one gives me the sense that people care (if they really do) and this one does not. Yeah, this feature in Multiply that lets the owner see who view her posts gets me awkward on those posts that spoke of my frustrations with myself and my life. See, those friends of mine who are genuinely concerned of the hullaballoos of my life don't express their affection through comments, they really do send me a personal message on Y!m, text me or even call me. Not that I dislike that - I really really appreciate that, but I don't want people to think that something big is going on with me (hormones can really do something on your blog post tones) when in fact, there's really none. And also I wanted a space where I could breathe out all the shit in my mind without having to worry about hurting somebody. Multiply gives that impression, Blogger doesn't. I don't care what people think about me, I'm not a politician who's running for the coming election anyway, but I do care if I hurt somebody. Maybe at one point I would be stupid enough to indeed hurt somebody through my post, but as long as I posted it in Blogger (consider that I think nobody cares about this) and that person concerned didn't really leave an evidence of her visit, I would be fine.Heck, I guess I would be. Remember what I said about impression? You may say, "If you really do care about hurting somebody then why bother making that post in the first place?" Yeah, I sound hypocritical now, I know. Give me a break, I'm a person who can't freely open myself up to other people. I really find it hard to say even to a close friend, "This person was such an asshole, he dint even contribute anything to the group, blahblahblah." So to vent out my boiling temper I will log-in to my journal and write, "Why can't people fulfill the task they were given? Why don't they consider how their mates suffer because of their irresponsibility?" I am not sure whether it will compensate for the pain it will cause the person I really intended that for, but as far as my posts are concerned, never have I mentioned the name of the particular person who brought about ill-feelings to me. Now, if the person happened to stumble on that post and got hurt, well, instinct would tell me "You deserve that anyway" and I wouldn't really do anything about that unless he left a comment or came to me and asked me to talk about it. That's the beauty of posting here in my Blogger journal. If ever there were readers, they did not make themselves felt which always gave me the sense that it's really me and my blog only, unless they comment. That's the opposite of Multiply, you see who viewed your post and maybe in one way or another I might have hurt those who did because somehow they were similar to the person I was discreetly aiming my post for. What's worse, although that's rare, they might even conclude they were the ones I was ranting about. (Gotta finish this post, the thoughts are jumping everywhere already.) Generally, I like the idea of people viewing my posts in Multiply, but when it comes to these kind of posts (I described that already), personally, I'd rather have the sense that people do not read it, which I get from Blogger because nobody comments on most of my posts. Although I will still post wherever I like it, for those kind however, they will surely end up on this space. I should stop now, I'm afraid I haven't made any sense.



November 8, 2009 at 8:40 AM
and then I ended up eating my claim, "Nobody cares about this one." =))
Epic fail.
xxx
xoxo.
November 9, 2009 at 5:35 AM
Ang maganda lang naman sa Multiply ay kung paranoid ka't gusto mong makita kung sinu-sino ang bumisita at hindi nagpost ng comment.
Multiply != blog. QED.
November 9, 2009 at 7:08 AM
okay lang 'yan Geneve. Nangyayari talaga ang mga ganyan. Masakit isipin, ngunit kaya namang bigyan ng sagot. =)
Post a Comment