Rambled Mind
because I'm nearly drowning in my overflowing thoughts.

Of Shifting and Writing

Labels: ,
It has been over a month since I last published a personal post (as most of my entries are personal, even if this blog is not primarily intended for that) and I should say for that span of time , a series of future-determining decisions have already been set.

I am shifting. From Communications Technology Management I am now transferring to Development(al) Studies, a course in which I can fully envision myself taking it seriously yet joyfully. I considered Economics/ Economics-Honors formerly, but I do not want to bombard my mind with many theories, assumptions and models; I want to deal more with their applications in the local setting, furthermore, I want integration from other Social Sciences subjects. Taking the two courses is an option, but I doubt I can sustain or even perform well on the two fields without exhausting myself of an active org life. So (as of the moment) I decided, I will take Economics, specifically Development Economics as my masters, and hopefully find an opportunity to attain a doctorate abroad. (Insert London School of Economics here :>). Just to make it clear, these are my long-term plans, but technically these are still subject to change lest I experience some ultimate life-changing event. But I doubt there will be any contradictory fortuity in the future. (Or at least, I see this in a point that when one thinks there's a possibility of opposition then he's already in doubt.) So there, I am looking forward to March 6 to have my Career Enlightenment Workshop and start the processing of my papers.

As of writing, I certainly defined it now as a ritual; something that I should never take it into consideration again (which was what I did before, when I dismissed it only just as a hobby). Analysis and Opinion; Poetry and hopefully Fiction, are those field I want to seriously immerse myself in. Only that I think my critical thinking skills are not yet considerably developed and my creative writing skills still immature so my humble attempts at these remain unpublished. (I know I have to gather some balls at one point or another, or else, I won't progress). Part of the problem is I find it hard to balance my time between writing and accomplishing my requirements, which I deem must be of top priority if I want to keep myself, especially my parents, happy. So now, I have copious amount of drafts. There has to be time to polish some from those.

I can now feel the universe conspiring to go in line with my intents. Like for this day, I attended Sir Larry Ypil's talk "Wallpaper Poetics" or about the creative process of his book, "The Highest Hiding Place". From "Impermanent Residencies", the very first Ypil essay I read, I was already captured by the craft and more importantly the sincerity emanating from his works. And it matters to me to know more about the poet behind my continuously ignited passion (not yet burning) for the arts (although he's not the only one for it's a collective act of all writers I read). There is Heights 150, the project which literally exhausts me of my energy but nevertheless it more than compensates for the energy lost when the acclaimed writers send their unpublished/desired-to-be-published works, and additionally, reply kindly and not bitchy through any mode of correspondence. I want to send lots of love and thanks to Mr. Bien Lumbera, Ms. Assunta Cuyegkeng and Mr. Alwynn Javier. Apart from that, sometime in March my meeting with Mr. Howie Severino will pursue, and there's a great chance I maybe interning for him. Let's see. :)

Thank goodness, there is time and eventually, priority. I can only write this much in the time frame I have given myself, and I must now go back to reviewing Math.

I love my life.

ps. Don't kill me for any grammatical errors, I just don't have the heart right now to go back and read this whole entry again.
4 comments:

may ipapabasa ako sa yo, since i feel you have trouble writing:

http://poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/5898


Kuya Monching! Solomot. :'(

Hinggil dito, naisip ko na oras nang buksan (muli) ang aking secret poetry blog para sa komento/kritisismo.

I need to grow as a writer. :)


Blockmate :))

wow, I thought ako lang yung nagtatarget ng London School of Economics =)) Pero ang strict nila; if you want a master's degree there, for example, you need a master's degree from here FIRST. :o it actually varies per country. Apparently they think Philippine bachelor's degrees are subpar hahaha


Hey blockmate. :))

Yeah. I kind of read that somewhere in the LSE site. Anyways, before I aimed for that, I am planning to take my masters in UP. Ya know. :-j

All for the glory of understanding my chosen field, matanda na ako nag-aaral pa rin ako. :P


About Me

My photo
Manila, NCR, Philippines
a Development Studies student struggling with conciseness (in writing!)

Twitter

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Recent Comments